Continuous Improvement Engineer
Identify improvement opportunities and innovations within the plant. Formulate plans and facilitate the implementation strategies for process improvement developments.
Coordinate the improvement of processes and systems. Implement programs that will have continuing long-term benefits. Develop plans, schedules and budgets for projects to improve existing processes.
Support the training of the production department to develop continuous improvement practices and methodologies as part of their professional skill sets, knowledge and experience. Contribute to a positive and rewarding working environment where best results are strived for.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement at MTC through implementing industry best practices and display of personal attributes required to facilitate change.
- Help improve key metrics related to MTC plant performance including throughputs, individual metal recoveries and economic production
- Develop and review scorecards, performance metrics and KPI’s and identify improvement opportunities. Help develop detailed action plans and provide CI leadership & hands-on support with execution
- Evaluate and prioritize improvement opportunities, maintain set project objectives and schedules
- Review ongoing performance results to targets and initiate corrective measures with responsible area supervisors, escalate as needed
- Manage, coach and mentor staff in CI methodologies and identify personal and personnel development requirements (training) opportunities as required
- Facilitate the implementation of improvement processes of the other departments. Develop MTC business requirements into system enhancements
- Develop/execute monitoring tools (reports, audits) in order to monitor current performance, trends and to facilitate performance improvement against historical
- Accountable for driving change, operational excellence and delivering results
- Assist in identifying key business risks and implementation of capital upgrades in the existing operations
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have
Experience, skill, knowledge
- University Graduate BSc/BEng in Metallurgy Or Bsc/BEng in Chemical Engineering/Technology
- >2 years in chemical, heavy industrial, resources or manufacturing sectors, working in operations or technical support
- Experience in working in technical development.
- Commissioning/designing experience
- Practical, common-sense skills in areas of mechanics, pumps, electronics, piping systems.
- Fluently in English
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and time management
- Independent and self-initiator, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-point, Outlook.
Competency and other requirements
- Key processing stages in tungsten industry, from mine to finished product
- Chemistry and thermodynamics fundamentals – molecular weight, boiling point, heat transfer mechanisms.
- Familiar with SOP and site procedures
- Excellent understanding of process flow and hydrometer equipment
- Familiar with PFD, P&IDs
- Experienced working with chemical processes (hydrometallurgy is an advantage)
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.