Deputy Manager – Mining & Geology
To build, develop and lead an effective Nui Phao Mining Department team capable of delivering industry leading practices to achieve strategic and tactical objectives in safety, environment, production and costs.
The role is to provide back to back management function with Manager Mining and Geology.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Contribute to the development of the company’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement the agreed strategy for the Mine and ensure alignment with the organisations overall strategy.
- Advise the General Manager, Manager Mining & Geology and other members of the company management team on planning, budgeting, operating and policy matters.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the General Manager and Manager Mining & Geology informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in operation negotiations.
- Establish and drive a culture of continuous improvement within the Mining department.
- Extend life of mine through near mine exploration programmes that lead to resource and reserves growth
- Lead Reserves optimization through selection of appropriate mining methods that maximize Net present value
- Develop Life-Of-Mine options to assist in developing optimal and consistent supply of ore to the processing plant
- Ensure all mining activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual mining operation budget & forecasting process.
- Develops systems and measures that appropriately assess and report mining operations performance to ensure goal achievement.
- Daily management/co-ordination between departments.
- Ensure mining outcomes are continuously aligned to meeting stakeholder requirements.
- Manage all contractor relationships through performance measurement and maintain appropriate feedback to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Scope Contract parameters for future mining contractors in all mining operations
- Establish the team’s development goals, monitor performance, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals within Departments.
- Provide mentoring and guidance in development of the National staff to enable them to do independently all the above requirements.
- Ensures compliance with health, safety, and environmental standards pertaining to Mining operations.
- Comply with and implement all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other functions as assigned by the General Manager and Manager Mining & Geology.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- BSc in Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering.
- At least 15 years of experience in Mining Engineering, Geology Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous Mining Management experience is advantageous.
- Previous Expatriate working experience in challenging locations is advantageous.
- Previous Mine Planning experience advantageous
- A certificate of competency (Mine Manager, Quarry Manager)
Competency and other requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- A good coach and mentor.
- Good time management.
- Planning, problem solving.
- Building relations, team work
- Decision making
- Analytical thinking
- Organization skill
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.