The mechanical fitter reports to the mechanical leading hand fitter and is responsible for fault finding, maintaining and carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all mechanical aspects of the plant in a safe and efficient manner. Proactively respond to plant breakdowns by ensuring that instant repairs are carried out to a high standard, reducing downtime.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety.
- Report all hazards and safety related issues
- Carry out all work safely and to an acceptable quality and standard as instructed from their superiors.
- Willingly participate in all shutdown activates as and when directed to do so.
- Take 5 and JHA requirements prior to commencement of work activities.
- Adhere to company’s safe work, hot work and lock out policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision when required.
- Work through breaks as and when required to maintain plant productivity.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- Vocational school diploma, Certificate for fitter levelled 3/7
- 1-2 years working in industry production plants like cement, steel, mining…
Competency and other requirements
- Team orientated
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to take personal responsibility for own actions
- Be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt
- Be responsible for your personal presentation, health and physical fitness
- Maintain a high level of attendance
- all possible steps to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others.
***** We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified *****
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.