Manager – Metallurgy
Direct and manage projects for the improvement of the Process Plant performance to ensure optimize recoveries, production and qualities of all our products; Copper, Bismuth, Tungsten, Fluorspar, Metspar, Magnetite concentrates and other Byproducts whilst ensuring alignment with the organization’s overall strategy. This includes the initiation and implimentation of strategic and sustainabibility inititiaves whilst building the capabilities of the team to enhance the company’s ability to achieve the financial goals within the organization’s Environmental, Social and Governance policy. Additionally, identify role succession requirements and develop “high potential” talent
Key Role Responsibilities
- Identify projects and improvement opportunities in terms of both strategic and sustainability objectives for NPMC, and intiate and develop them through to implementation using the PMO process as required.
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, and environmental standards pertaining to the Metallurgical Department.
- Prepare annual operating plans and budgets, as well as monthly forecasts for the Metallurgical Department
- Analyse the metallurgical performances of various circuits within the process pant to identify improvement opportunities for the Processing team, for the optimisation of plant performance.
- Lead the Metallurgical team to ensure technical direction is in line with Processing Plant operational requirements.
- Actively support and encourage an atmosphere of continuous improvement within the organization and drive operational efficiency improvements ideas.
- Direct activities to achieve the goals of the Metallurgical Department by setting KPI targets and measuring accordingly.
- Manage the Metallurgy Department to ensure continuous improvement and research projects are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform personnel administration functions including hiring employees, conducting performance reviews, administering disciplinary action, and directing career development of employees in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Actively develops direct reports and help overcome organizational and cultural barriers.
- Performs other functions as assigned by the General Manager.
- Comply with and implement all company policies and procedures.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
- Qualification: Bachelor of Engineering/Science in Metallurgy, Minerals Processing or Chemical/Chemistry
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience in the minerals industry.
- The preferred candidate must have formal professional designation in the area of expertise & increasing levels of responsibility in Process Plant operations over their career.
- Must have previous work experience at Metallurgical Superintendent / Manager level.
- Previous expatriate working experience in challenging locations is advantageous.
- Exceptional management & leadership skills and able to work with and lead high performance teams.
- Very result orientated, strong work ethic, disciplinary & driving for excellencies
- Strong team player (Collaborator, Building relations, team work)
- Very good at coaching & counseling.
- Exceptional Interpersonal and Communication skills (formal & informal)
- Strategic influencer
- Well organize, good at problem solving & work well under pressure
How to register
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.