Metallurgist – Plant
This position is responsible for applying engineering knowledge and talent with emphasis on internal/external customer support with a requirement on displaying a fundamental understanding of mineral processing methods. The individual will apply this technical knowledge on the relevant mineral processing circuits, to provide technical support in the form of information/tools/resources to operations. The ongoing aim is to improve business effectiveness, reduce process variation and increase technical understanding of economic mineral extraction, which directly impacts the company’s quality, service, productivity and profitability.
- Comply with all HS&S requirements of NPMC. This includes ongoing completing of Take-5s, Task Observations, JHA’s and the conducting of regular workplace inspections as required.
- Metallurgical testwork as required on mineral processing samples. This includes froth flotation, gravity separation, magnetic separation, etc.
- Representative sample collection methods and ability to apply best practice regarding sample collection and preparation.
- Update data to the required databases including the data historian, Update Metallurgical Accounting on daily and weekly basic
- Prepare and report daily KPI’s on the relevant circuits, Data analysis and continuous review of the relevant circuits KPI’s and the setting of operational strategies to optimize the relevant circuits performances
- Weekly and monthly circuit reviews reporting
- Assist the metallurgical department requirements when required. This includes circuit surveys for other circuits.
- Sample submission to assay lab using required preparation protocols and documentation.
- Reagent consumption review, monitoring and management
- Complete projects as required and update the metallurgical project database
- Mentoring and guiding the metallurgical technicians.
- Work with other NPMC departments as required to achieve targets.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- University Graduate, major in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy, Chemical or relevant fields
- Required knowledge and understanding of mineral processing and extraction methods.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the metallurgy field
Competency and other requirements
- Compliance with the values and ethics of NPMC
- English desirable
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…)
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
***** We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified *****
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.