Security Senior Officer
- This position exists to prevent loss by ensuring that effective strategies are developed in the areas of preparedness, training, and maintenance across all areas of responsibility, through the effective operation of the Security Department. The incumbent will provide leadership guidance and assistance to company employees through the protection of property and assets by monitoring emergency response and security issues across site
- To assist in the daily operation of the Security Working Shifts and shall discharge their duties as per this Position Description
- To assist with any training of Security guard as required by Security Management and to keep the Security Senior Officer/ Security Sr. Supervisor informed of any further staff development requirements
- To monitor the performance of Security guards on shift and to report accordingly to Security Senior Officer/Supervisor
- To deal with any incidents or disputes as required
- To maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to equipment, procedures and information
- To adhere to all security and company policies, work rules and procedures at all times
- To ensure that all written work, logs and general administration work is neat, concise and accurate at all times
- To actively assist the Security Sr. Officer/Supervisor in the development of staff competence and efficiency
- Execute other duties as directed by Sr. officers/ supervisors
- Maintain strict security within all premises of NPMN, necessary for the prevention, detection and apprehension of persons involved in any illegal or adverse activity and to log and report such activity to higher levels
- Assist with investigations as directed by higher levels
- To make decisions to reflect a high level of integrity and competence in the eyes of the Department, Management, and other Departments, Internal and External Clients and the general public
- To conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
- Qualification: Relevant qualification in Policing or Security operations
• Medium knowledge of Security training and response strategies.
• Medium knowledge of Mine Safety Act and Regulations.
• Medium knowledge in the field of risk assessment and risk management
• Knowledge of incident investigation practices to identify causes and remedial actions.
• Developed knowledge of supervisory styles and techniques with the ability to improve performance in others
• 2-3 years’ experience in the mining industry in the field of security or loss control.
• Experience in an open pit environment
• Experience working closely with contract security personnel and local law enforcement agencies
• Experience in the supervision of contractor personnel
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others as part of a team and contribute to a harmonious working environment.
• Enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to maintain direction and achieve work objectives with minimal supervision
• Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Interpersonal and Communication skills
• Decision making
• Time management
• Organizational skill
• Building relations
• Analytical thinking
How to register
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.