Senior Project Cost Controller
Masan High-Tech Materials is one of Vietnam’s largest integrated industrial mineral and chemical producers. It is entering an exciting phase of growth with the acquisition of the H.C.Starck Tungsten which will see the company transition from Vietnamese focused company onto the world stage, with operations in four countries and in three continents.
The Senior Project Cost Controller reports to the Projects Manager/Head of Projects, works closely with project team and plays a critical role in helping to set up the proper cost control and cost allocation practice for the on -going projects at Masan High-Tech Material. In this role, the incumbent will support the VN Projects Manager and Head of Project in monitoring monthly project cost incurred, tracking cost and payment progress against budget, and identifying areas to improve in term of cost and project management aspects.
- Work closely with Project Manager & Head of Projects to develop the detail project cost budget in terms of work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Oversees and controls ALL function of Cost controls during the project life cycle, business case, select, develop and execution.
- Be a system administrator for the project controls system to develop and implement the business processes relating to the project controls system ensuring that those processes are linked to and reconciled with SAP on monthly basis
- Assessing, reviewing & advising Senior Management with respect of Cost control for manage contractor claims for progress and variations, delays and extensions of time.
- Develop a system/process of reconciling the project controls system with SAP and undertake monthly reconciliations of the same.
- Maintain and update all commitments in the project cost control system, work closely with all project team members responsible for cost control to ensure all information is up to date and relevant.
- Comparing cost between actual and forecast/budget to interrogate cost variances together with project management team to understand/explain and rectify the issue.
- Preparation of Project Cost Management and Project Cashflow report.
- Preparing all required project reports including forecast schedule, progress and variance to plan in respect of costs, time & resource. Also, all project control report (weekly and monthly)
- Works closely with the Director of Projects, Project Mangers, Procurement and Contracts Manager, and other project personnel to maximize the potential of the project.
- Leads the utilization of processes, forms and other project governance to ensure quality of project information and reports are accurate
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduated from a University in accounting or financing faculty
- Preference for internationally recognized financial qualifications in management accounting eg. ACCA/CPA
- At least 3-5 years of experience in project control or management accounting background.
- Construction project experience is preferable.
- Understanding of VAS accounting standards.
- Familiar with project control system (PRISM), SAP and MS Office
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Vietnamese
- Strong communication, coordination and management skills
- Enthusiasm and a strong willingness to learn
- Ability to work under pressure and strict time constraints
- Analytical mind, independent, proactive and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of business activities and cost drivers
- Strong analytical skill, ability to relate operation outcomes to numbers
- Should be very strong in details and numbers
- Excellent communication skills
How to register
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.