Senior QA/QC Engineer
As a key member of the improvement projects team, your skills and experience will ensure that all work meets the standards in relation to safety, quality, schedule and cost. The Senior QA/QC Engineer is responsible for providing quality assurance and quality control for procurement, fabrication and construction of the projects. The primary challenge of this position is to ensure the projects are completed in accordance with all technical requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner to meet contractual arrangements and stakeholders’ requirements.
- Provide specific technical Quality Assurance advice to the Project Manager, Superintendents, Engineers and Supervisors. Be the expert source of Quality Assurance knowledge for the MHTM Owners Team.
- Reviewing the Quality Management Systems and Documentation of all Contractors engaged by the project to undertake site work to ensure that they meet project requirements.
- Implementing an appropriate level of off-site inspection for critical equipment and fabricated items. Including the engagement of third party inspectors to undertake this work in locations within Vietnam and internationally.
- Ensuring construction material delivered to site has had all required inspections and tests and meet the project specifications.
- Ensuring that all the required checks are done by the Contractor and documented to enable works to be turned over to Commissioning and then handed over from Commissioning to Operations. Mange the compilation of Turnover and Handover documentation.
- Implement and manage a system of Non-Conformance Reports to identify and rectify instances where Contractors fail to meet Specifications and Standards.
- Leading and participating in the inspections of the Contractors work on site identified in the Inspection and Test Plans.
- Assisting with the control of independent Survey Contractors who monitor works progress on behalf of the Client.
- Auditing the adherence of the Contractor to their Quality System while on site to ensure that all required inspections and tests are completed and that the required documentation is available. Develop and implement improvement actions where required.
- Provision the monthly QA/QC report to the Project Manager on project QA/QC activities and Assisting the Project Manager by conducting end of month quantity verification against Contractors progress claims.
- Work to resolve any quality issues raised by members of the Owners Team or Operations.
- Participating in a strong safety and environmentally conscious Construction team.
- Work with project engineers and design for establishing procedures with time limits for the inspection and testing of works and all other QA/QC requirements and management.
- Provide and conduct the Quality Tool Box Training at the site regularly to improve the work competency of the Contractor’s.
- Provide coaching and training of other junior engineers and team members.
- Manage day-to-day QA/QC activities and ensure that the Project Pre-Qualification activities are executed on schedule according to requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships, Provide Leadership and advice where and when required.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have
- Qualification: University qualification in Engineering Degree, graduating in Mechanical or Structural.
– Extensive field experience in mining, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or other heavy industrial projects.
– At least 5 years post graduate experience in the mining industry. At least 2 years in a QA/QC Engineer role.
– Some experience and knowledge of QA requirements for other disciplines such as Civil and Electrical.
– Certification in NDT Methods Level-II– RT, UT, MT, PT & VT
– Familiar with ASME, ASTM, ASNT, AWS, API, AS, BS, EN, DVS, DIN, ISO & TCVN Standards
– Experience with NCR’s issue and field inspections and testing.
– Experience in plant commissioning and control of commissioning documentation and records.
– Experience with construction site work procedures, work methods and specific site work environment/ conditions (working at height, confined space, etc).
- A commitment to promote a safety orientated team culture
- Competency and other requirements
– Communication Skills.
– Technical ability problem solving.
– Able to conceptualise and think creatively
– Organisation Skills.
– Team work.
– Excellent both oral and written English skills.
– Auto CAD and plant 3D model skills.
– Proficient computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office suite of products.
– Self motivated, results orientated and able to work under pressure.
How to register
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.