Superintendent – Logistics
Based in Thai Nguyen at our Nui Phao Site and reporting to the SCM Manager, the Superintendent (Logistics) will be responsible for the Site Operational Logistics functions (inc. inbound, outbound, site and our offsite product Warehouse activities. The Logistics Superintendent is also responsible for leading a team of personnel within all of these functional areas inc.transport personnel, expeditors and logistics service providers, and will be key in providing training and mentoring to the teams in Supply Chain Best Practices within the Logistics functions
- Provides support to the Supply Chain Manager in developing and delivering overall SCM business improvement strategies and projects in line with the business requirements.
- Proactively recommend and develop optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency inc, but limited to incoming and outgoing sea and airfreight, internal truck, rail and barge transport
- Establish and/or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems
- Displays an overriding commitment to health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Deputize in the absence of SCM Manager
- Logistics Direct Reports – Senior Supervisor Logistics, Logistics Analyst
- Manage all logistics operations to support the internal and external customers
- Safety performance of the logistics operations and overall site
- Manage operations within the regulatory or legal framework both within and outside of Vietnam.
- Contract negotiations for logistics services and any other service or goods as required; Collaborate with NPMC business verticals to integrate logistics with business requirements.
- Mentors, trains and provides direction to Vietnamese employees
- Develop and implement departmental objectives and assess performance of the Logistics function and its personnal
- Creates and develops a culture of continuous improvement within both the Logistics and SCM function.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Provides regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- University degree in SCM/ Commerce/ Business Management
- More than 10 years of experience in Logistics/ Supply/ Materials Management in the mining/ oil & gas/ power/ construction industry; On site experience
- Have knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Managing teams
- Good computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint Presentation, Outlook, SAP, etc.)
- Fluent in English
- Preferred: Vietnamese language; Vietnamese citizen ; Expatriates will be considered
Competency and other requirements
- End-to-end supply chain effectiveness; Value-focused customer relationships; Time management and communication; Commercial focus; Business focused collaboration; Leading people
- Culturally Adapt
- Leadership & Team Building
- Business Ethics
- Change Management
- Risk Management
- Project Planning & Implementation
- Business Acumen
- Cost Estimation & Modelling
- International Logistic laws and procedures
- Port Rules & Regulations
- Vietnam Customs Regulations
- Vietnam Transportation Regulations
- Vietnam Packaging Regulations
- DG & Hazardous Goods Regulations
- Vietnam Material packing Regulations
- International Commercial Terms
- Freight Negotiations
- HS Codes
- Day to Day Logistics Operations
- Warehouse Operations
- Inventory Categorization
- Materials Management lifecycle
- Purchase to Pay Lifecycle
- Contracts Management
- Vendor Management
- SAP/ ERP
- Weighbridge Software
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.