- To assist in the daily operation of the Security Working Shifts and shall discharge their duties as per this Position Description.
- To assist with any training of Security guard as required by Security Management and to keep the Security management informed of any further staff development requirements.
- To monitor the performance of Security guards on shift and to report accordingly to direct security supervisor.
- To deal with any incidents or disputes as required.
- To maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to equipment, procedures and information.
- To adhere to all security and company policies, work rules and procedures at all times
- To ensure that all written work, logs and general administration work is neat, concise and accurate at all times.
- To actively assist the direct supervisor in the development of staff competence and efficiency.
- Maintain strict security within all premises of NPMN, necessary for the prevention, detection and apprehension of persons involved in any illegal or adverse activity and to log and report such activity to higher levels.
- Assist with investigations as directed by higher levels.
- To make decisions to reflect a high level of integrity and competence in the eyes of the Department, Management, and other Departments, Internal and External Clients and the general public.
- To conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- Relevant qualification in Policing or Security operations
- English and Computer skills.
- High knowledge of Security training and response strategies.
- Medium knowledge of Mine Safety Act and Regulations
- 5 years of experience in the mining industry in the field of security or loss control.
- Experience working closely with contract security personnel and local law enforcement agencies
- Experience in the supervision of contractor personnel.
- High level competency in personal computer applications including Excel, Access & Project
- High knowledge in the field of risk assessment and risk management
- High Knowledge of incident investigation practices to identify causes and remedial actions.
Competency and other requirements
- Developed knowledge of supervisory styles and techniques with the ability to improve performance in others
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others as part of a team and contribute to a harmonious working environment.
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to maintain direction and achieve work objectives with minimal supervision.
- Decision making
- Time management
- Organizational skill
- Building relations
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.