Trainee – Rubber liner
- Ensure a satisfactory work performance and compliance to Company policies
- Surface preparation of rubber and metal materials and ensuring that sandblasting has been completed appropriately
- Inspect and repair rubber-lined tanks, chute, hopper, pipe spools including Mills
- Be prepared to work in challenging conditions
- Mentor trades assistants for further training and promotional opportunities
- Contribute to business cost efficiency through effective time utilization, care of equipment and awareness of consumable management and wastage
- Responsible for environmental/housekeeping compliance on the job and workshop
- Responsible for ensuring own compliance with attending safety meeting
- Ensure all hazards, incidents, accidents are reported in the correct time frames and all the appropriate notifications are given
- Attend tranining and assist with developing job hazard analysis (JHA) for tasks as appropriate.
- Aware of the daily compliance with company policies and procuredures regarding: Work permits, JHA’s and Isolations; work order completion; PPE compliance
We are looking for qualified and driven individuals who have:
Experience, skill, knowledge
- Recognized Rubber lining type Trade or Tertiary qualification is advantage.
- 12 years schooling or above
- 1-2 years in a maintenance or Plant role in a relevant mining/processing or petroleum industry
- 2 years experience working as a Rubber liner or similar role in heavy industry
- Safety, Health, Environment and Community practices
- Ability to prepare to lining with VR500, and Ceramic lining
- Ability to learn from current rubber liners
- Ability to read drawings (measurements for cutting the rubber and layout)
- Ability to cut thin and thick rubber by hand due to complicated shapes.
Competency and other requirements
- Proactive attitude
- Willingness to assist with afterhours work and callouts.
- Result orientated.
***** We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified *****
How to apply
Please send us your resume via [email protected] and our Human Resources Team will contact you within 7 days.