The Nui Phao mine, which is operated by Nui Phao Mining Company (“NPMC”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Masan High-Tech Materials, is situated within three communes (Hung Son, Ha Thuong, and Tan Linh) of Dai Tu district in Thai Nguyen province. The site is approximately 80 km from Hanoi and is accessible via highway. Modern multi-lane freeways connect the mine to the nearest ports of Hai Phong and Quang Ninh province, from which the products can be shipped to international customers. The major project components are:
- Open pit poly-metallic mine
- Waste rock disposal facilities
- Modern mine plant and facilities, including crushing, grinding, thickening, flotation, leaching and gravity recovery facilities
- A suite of commercial product streams including Tungsten, Copper, Bismuth and Fluorspar concentrates which are either processed into value added products onsite (Tungsten and Bismuth) or sold as highend commodities
- A Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) with water and tailings management ponds
- Buffer zones, relocation sites, haul roads, and mine services
Products from Nui Phao are shipped to worldwide markets (including well established customer networks) from Quang Ninh Port (in Ha Long City, 197 km to the southeast of the Project site). The port is also used to receive equipment and materials required to run the mine. NPMC operates at the cutting edge of production of its product suite. Investment in research and development continues to deliver processing, equipment, and chemical improvements. Processing operations are supported by advanced mining and processing management software to maximize recovery and minimize costs and resource loss.